-----------

Pages

Saturday, April 8, 2017

The Stillness of Some Kind of Sweet Love

We talk almost every day now, every night. Last night, one of the first things he said was, "I wish you were here tonight, just to sleep with and hold."

My moving date, to return to my home town where he also is, may have got bumped up by two months, he said I could stay with him for a while if I needed. What???

This is a strange new setting for us. Of course, I wouldn't stay with him - that would be most odd and dangerous, perhaps? He would freak out, I'm sure. Also, lord knows I need my own home.

But. But, but, but... . How very sweet.

Then he asked, "Look, are you moving down here soon regardless of whether this deal goes through?"

I replied, "Yes, they are selling the house. Ima have to move."

"Good," he said.

This is a one day at a time kinda thing, no promises accept for the one where he kinda promised this wasn't a forever thing for him. But being with him in the right here and now makes my body warm with love. I simply can't deny that.

Sleeping with him, knowing he's there beside me, waking up in the middle of the night and, either him moving to hold me, hold my hand as we sleep, or me holding him... it's so lovely and sweet.

Waking up early and getting ready while he sleeps, leaving before him, kissing him good bye. It's lovely and sweet.

I hope we can share more moments of common life together. The stillness of some kind of sweet love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where we communicate