-----------

Pages

Monday, November 6, 2023

Day 14 & 15, Portugal

 I don’t have much to say, this trip has been a pretty perfect adventure, and here’s to it staying that way. Today we head on to Lisbon where I’ll have my last two days my friend before I head to Greece. It’s been a very lovely travel time. We’ve been well suited travel buddies. 

The question for me is how much is this improving my headspace work stress wise? It’s been very nice to be away from the chaos. As in an infinite amount of very’s. I’m not sure my brain has completely returned to something sustainable, the looming return to chaos is ever present, but I’m not worried about it. It just exhausts me in advance.

It’s day fifteen now, the next day. I fly to Greece tomorrow and my inner brain knows that this leg of the journey is coming to an end and I’m grateful. I can’t wait to be in once place for more than two days. 

My friend has two of her friends joining her today, so I will be with them for one night and, man-oh-man, am I projecting a lot of nervous anticipation. Their energy together is very frenetic. It’s an energy that sets off all my alarm bells. I cannot relax around it. So, my last night, I’m afraid, will be one of high alert.

Also, for funsies, while pulling my suitcase off the overhead bin on the train, I dropped it on my face, my occipital bone to be exact. So I have an eye headache, swelling and bruising. Very light, but sore nonetheless. Oh, to be in that little house by the beach with, hopefully, sun and heat. And to be with my friend who’s quiet and contained - not frenetic, not unpredictable. 

So far on this trip, we have drank a lot of wine and eaten, and I’ve enjoyed it. It’s been low key for the most part with a couple of nights of excess, but in a good way. The two that are coming have a history of way more excess then I’m used too. I’m hoping they’ve matured a bit more on the hard core drinking and the night is somewhat chill. 

When I’m in Greece, the drinking will return to a single class of wine at night for me with lot’s of walking/hiking during the day. Healthy stuff. Nice easy pace. Calm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where we communicate