-----------

Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2018

Roar.

A billion or so years ago, I had a blog called Mantramine. It was cool, I guess, if you like that sorta thing. If you were to look now, you would see its remains. It looks like shit. Like a ghost city's amusement park - the ferris wheel standing like a tall, lost child - abandoned.

I stripped it of its original glory and replaced it with meandering content that just reeks of inept searching.

All that to say, I think I want to start a podcast.

Are you laughing? You probably should be.

I think I'll call it Roar? Ugh, god, maybe not. That didn't sound so stupid in my head. Fine, whatever, I might steal DB&B. Phew, that feels much better.

So, yeah, I gotta move. It's time.

I was with the kid's dad today, the ffl, you know, the one I left, we were talking, catching up and I told him I think I have about 2 years left at my current job before I'll want to move on. And he said "What? Really?"

And I'll just cut to the chase here - I said, YEAH - BECAUSE I'M AMBITIOUS, not because I can't stay still.

It's true, all my working life I've been looking for the next up, but not because I can't commit. Because I WANNA KEEP GOING. Apparently in women (who aren't already tycoons and/or Martha Stewart) this appears to be lack of commitment or focus. In men, when they exhibit this early on, it's called... wait for it...

AMBITION

I mean, whatever, it probably looks less like ambition for me because it's been a really slow and made of incrementally small steps. I'll give him that. He just hasn't picked up on my slow-mo ninja life moves.

Should I find myself there, I imagine it will start a lot like that first blog did - with a strong desire to speak and share one-day-at-a-time.

I need to break free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where we communicate