-----------

Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2018

Day 10. Bologna

We stopped over here because I messed up on the check in/check out times on our way to Ravenna, so we needed another night somewhere else and decided to go half way and get some of this Bologna food. We were tired and grumpy, the food here was like all spaghetti here, it tastes like what I make at home - which if you knew me, you would laugh. 

So - realtalk - for a relationship that has a large gap in years and started at work - a relationship that I don't think many people would have given it a lot of time - we're doing really very good.

I question this relationship a lot. How long will it last, how long will he be attracted to me (and my aging), how long will I be attracted to him (his inexperience overall), and I just can't escape the fact that we just work well together.

We work together, live together, and now we're travelling together. These strains really test people, and here we are: respecting our space, adjusting attitudes when we're feeling assholey, picking up our shitty moods so as to respect the others experience in Italy.

I keep wondering what will show the holes in our facade and what is always left is that it's not a facade.

Neither of us know the best before date of this connection. All we know is that today, we love each other in the way that we do.

We've had a lot of fun so far. The longest we've stayed anywhere has been 3 nights in La Spezia; our BnB sucked and the town was meh, and we still managed to enjoy it. Florence was the best - our place was the bomb and the sites were close and easy.

Today, we're off to Ravenna for another 3 nights. Going over the reviews for this BnB has left me a little concerned that we're going to get a lemon. I hope it's not. I hope it has soul. I'm really looking forward to being in Ravenna.

After that... it's Greece to visit the Greek's Aunt and Uncle. After that... it's Sardinia for 5 days. 5 relaxing, do nothing but beach and explore islands days.

I'm surprised and not surprised that this is working out so well. I'm also glad, happy, and at peace. I don't think I would have had near as much fun taking a trip like this with anyone else.

This has been and is an amazing experience. Oh... small obscure de ja vou.

ps: this is only day 10 of 27 days and we've been to: Rome, Siena, Florence, Pisa, La Spezia + Cinque Terra + Portovenere, and now Bologna. Shit, that's a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where we communicate