-----------

Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2018

Day 24 (of 26)

Can we just go home now?

We've seen the things, we've exhausted the trip. All that's left if waiting it out in our little bnb, which for those purposes, isn't great. No internet (I have to tether to my phone data), no movies, little space, and shitty couch. Let the thumb twiddling begin. We have today and tomorrow, after tomorrow, we have to wake up to catch a 4am ferry to the mainland, ride an hour bus to the Olbia airport to catch a 7am flight back to Rome, where we need to meet up with our 10am flight home.

Me thinks we've cut it a bit tight.

I'm looking forward to being home. I want to visit my kids and hang out with  friends and drink wine. I want to go see a movie and eat popcorn. I want to sink into work  and solve puzzles. I love my job.

I want to sit in a bath and read, lay on my couch comatose and staring at the ceiling, drive my car, see my mom. I want to not see the Greek for a good coupla days.  Yeah, those things sound so nice.

Today I will ask the gift goddesses to help me locate sweet, meaningful gifts for my kids and look for a bag with which to carry all my goodies home comfortably. I will shop.

I will also be fabulous and work on my novel ('s outline) at a cafe, fulfilling a dream I've imagined. I will read silly books. I will... vacation.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where we communicate