-----------

Pages

Friday, September 21, 2018

Day 24: La Maddalena



Including today, we have 4 days left. The wind is supposed to pick up today. We have biking planned and want to visit some, hopefully, more quiet beaches.

We have 6 days here in total, the hope was that it was 6 days of rest, beach, and sun after running all over Italy like madmen.

I have to say, I'm proud of myself on this trip. We essentially backpacked around Italy. I'm not sure what I thought that would be like when all my friends were backpacking the world after high school. I guess I imagined they were sleeping in dirty alleyways and hostels, if not sleeping in pretty hotels.

The only difference, I believe, is that I've done it in Airbnb's where I have the whole apartment. So, not shacking up with a slue of other travellers and sharing dorms in hostels. Small difference I think. So, I can say that I have backpacked across Italy. Not too shabby.

A place came up for rent at home, via a work contact. It appears to be the place I have been manifesting. It's a 2 bedroom with a large loft/den and it's on the fucking beach, with steps down to the beach. Pft. It's also only a 10 minute bike ride to work AND happens to be on my/our preferred bike ride route. So, that's weird.

I expressed interest but as it's actually available for the day after we get back and the work contact is actually an investor (that I have met and chilled with), perhaps it wont be "the one," so, we'll see.

As well, I signed up to volunteer at a local theatre a while back and they've finally reached out to gather volunteers. Their orientation takes place a restful 4 days after I get back.

I'm excited about this. I love acting and being on stage. Volunteering gets me back into the community and lets me dip my feet into the world of small theatre without making commitments I will regret. I've always had some issues with the people in the community, they can be so snobby and ridiculous, but I think I'm better prepared for that now. Perhaps I can be a props person until I get comfortable. Perhaps, opportunities will arise for some fun improve moments that will get me relaxed and back into acting.

All and all, heading home has some new promise to it. I still feel weird about committing to a place with the Greek, but it's tough to not consider given the prices of places. Living on my own would mean a teeny tiny studio perhaps - which would be just fine, too.

I'm amazed that we've gotten on as good as we have. I expected it to be fine, but perhaps not this lovely and easy going. He's a lovely, weird little soul. I do look forward to us both getting back to our lives and doing our own things.

I have not missed work - whatsoever.

I have not decided what and how to write as a result of my time off, but perhaps I've made progress (even if that means blowing it up to an unwritable story just to whittle it back down again).

My kids. My kids! I'm proud of them, they seemed to have made some interesting progress not having me around for a month. I'm really so very proud of the women they are. They are strong, intelligent, loving, and beautifully genuine. They're adults, albeit young ones. They are perfect.

I feel good. I'm looking forward to returning. I'm looking forward to returning to work having not missed it whatsoever, not thought of it or our big massive project. My perspective is settled and relaxed. I'm a clean, refreshed slate, ready to slay.

Off I go to bike off ALL THIS FOOD. Ugh
actual me on an electric bike ;)


ps: I think I might start trying to draw so I can illustrate my story - comic style. Just thought I would put that here for safe keeping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where we communicate