-----------

Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2017

and now...

for something completely different.

I'm staying at my umpteenth airbnb and it's the sweetest apartment in a heritage house. It has it's own little sweetheart balcony, full kitchen nice living room, layout where you could actually get privacy from someone else just by being in another room (rare in the days of open concept). All this, and it's probably my least favourite.

Airbnb owners - I've been spoiled and now you have a lot to live up to.

First off, for a place that was listed under "whole house," I don't have a private entrance and had to walk through the owners home to get in and out. Weird.

See, I do the whole house deal cause I'm not the ABnB type that likes to hang with my host (or even see them). I'm private. So, while it's fine.... and the people are so nice and make it comfortable, it's not my deal.

Next, the fridge was (gasp) empty. This is where I've really been spoiled now. My last few places have had basic things: coffee, cream (at the least), EGGS, english muffins, spices, BEER! (someone left 3 beers for their guests!).

Which is to say, it's 5:48 AM, I have no coffee (but black tea - not even half points for that shortsightedness), and it's cold (original drafty windows). I'm gonna be at work from probably 6:30 AM to 4PM cause I just want to hurry up and get the hell out of here. Gonna be a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where we communicate